Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am Thankful for...



















( the above 3 pictures are Digi-scrapped! Yes, I am still playing around with that, but I still prefer making my pages the "real" way!!)
Happy Thanksgiving...


It was a good fun relaxing sort of day at my daughters with the grandkids. Our cousin Julie came over to visit for a bit & have dessert with us. This is the first year for her with out her mom & I know it was very hard on her. She is such a sweet young lady.



We played our "I am thankful for A - B - C game" where we go through the alphabet stating what we are thankful for.


That reminded C.J. of a book that she made when she was in 1st. grade, where all the kids wrote what they were thankful for & the teacher was kind enough to have it put into a hard-back book. We had fun reading this - especially when we got to the boy who said he was thankful for his brain....


Oh my, we laughed so hard, that tears were pouring down our faces.


Now, remember this was written by a 6/7 year old child. He would now have to be 12 maybe 13 & I wonder if he still has the book & if his family are teasing him over this. As I drove home, I thought of what he wrote & started to laugh all over again.

So with this thanksgiving- be thankful for your brain.........


until the next time......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin